A) CONTRACTING OF A PACKAGE TRAVEL.
1. Booking request.
- The consumer who wants to contract a package travel should make a booking request. After the request, the retailer or the organizer undertakes to make the necessary arrangements in order to get the booking confirmation according to the number of places available and the requested period.
- At the time of the booking request, the agent may require the consumer a deposit equivalent to the 100% of the trip. If the agency confirms the booking, the amount paid will be assigned to the price of the trip. If the consumer withdraws its request before the booking confirmation, the agency will refund the deposited amount, once having deducted, where appropriate, the reasonable service fees.
- If the consumer requests a tailor-made package travel, the agent may require the payment of an amount to prepare the project. If the consumer accepts the proposed package travel offered by the agent, and the agent can confirm the included services, the agent will assign the paid amounts to the price of the trip. If the agent cannot confirm the booking, the agent shall reimburse the amounts previously paid by the consumer.
- Considering all the above-mentioned cases, if the agent cannot provide to the consumer the requested travel and it offers to the same to take a similar or a different trip, unless it is otherwise indicated, it is understood that the offer remains in force for 24 hours. In such cases, the contract is concluded if the consumer accepts the offer within that period or within the period expressly established.
2. Persons with reduced mobility.
Persons with reduced mobility, prior to the booking request, must inform the retailer such condition, in order to consider the possibility and feasibility of the trip taking into account the characteristics of the same.
According to Regulation CE 1107/2006, a person with reduced mobility is a person whose mobility to participate in the trip is reduced as per a physical disability (sensory or locomotive, permanent or temporary) as per an intellectual or any other disability or handicap, or as per the age, and whose situation requires an appropriate attention and the adaptation to their particular needs of the services at the disposal of the other participants in the trip.
3. Booking confirmation.
The perfection of the contract takes place with the booking confirmation. From that moment, the travel package contract is binding for both parties.
- When the perfection of the contract takes place, the consumer must pay an amount that is the 100% of the package travel price or, where appropriate, he/she has to complete until said sum the amounts previously paid on account of the package travel. If the consumer does not make such payment, the agency shall require him/her to pay it in a reasonably short time.
- The payment of the rest of the price will be made when the agency offers to the consumer the tickets, travel vouchers or any other essential document for the realization of the package travel. If the consumer does not make such payment, the agency will require him/she to make it in a fixed period. If the agency does not fix any deadline, the payment must be made no later than 7 days before the departure.
- The agent may terminate the contract and apply the rules of the termination of the contract by the consumer before the departure if the consumer does not make any of the payments contemplated in the preceding paragraphs.
1- The services included in the package travel contract are the same that appear in the brochure or program, as well as from the indications concerning this information provided when confirming the booking.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE PACKAGE TRAVEL:
Return transport of the type, characteristics and class stated in the contract or the documentation; The Accommodation included in the program, of the rating and type chosen; Rates and Taxes for the establishments providing accommodation and indirect taxes (VAT) where applicable; Technical Assistance during the trip, when this service has been specifically included in the description of the programmer contracted; All other services and extras specified in the program for the corresponding departure date or which are expressly stated in the contract. If the contract for a program is made for after the expiry date of the brochure, then it is understood that the services contracted will be those included in the brochure valid for the departure date, independently of whether this includes any variation in routes, visits or other services; visits to cities are of a “panoramic” nature, with stops made at places considered to be of interest. The route taken may vary on the basis of the closure or restoration of sites and monuments, weather conditions and circumstances beyond the control of the organization. The consumer will be notified in writing, or by other appropriate means, of any alterations to the price and they may then cancel their trip with no cancellation penalty (if this would have applied) within three days of receiving the notification, or they may accept the modification to the contract.
NOTE: Silk Road Dream Tours Or the executing company is not responsible for the unavailability of tickets to monuments and scheduled visits on the trip when this availability depends on ticket quotas or other circumstances and conditions imposed by the monument and out of reach of Silk Road Dream Tours.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE PACKAGE TRAVEL
Visas, Tourist City Taxes, Airport Taxes and/or arrival and departure taxes, vaccination certificates, “extras” (such as coffees, wines, liquors, mineral waters, special diets (independently of the diet contracted), washing and ironing of clothes, optional hotel services, etc….) and in general, any other service not specified in the programmer, in the contract or in the documentation delivered on signing the contract; Optional outings or visits not originally contracted and which do not form part of the travel contract; Tips in general.
Porters except where specified in the contract.
NOTE: The photographs used to illustrate the programs and itineraries contained in this brochure depict situations which may or may not be repeated or match with the program detailed.
2- However, the organizer reserves the possibility to modify the information that appears in the brochure before the perfection of the contract. To that effect, it is necessary that those modifications had been communicated by written to the consumer.
Unless otherwise is mentioned in the brochure or it is provided in particular conditions:
- In those countries where there is an official classification of hotels or other accommodations,
- the brochure contains the tourist classification given in said countries. In those countries where there is no official classification, the category that appears in the brochure is indicative. In any case, the agency must ensure a correspondence between the classification used and the expectations that the same can generate in a Spanish consumer.
- Check-in times depends on the established rules in each country. Usually, the consumer can occupy the room from 14 hours of the day of arrival and he/she must be leave the room before 12 hours of the day of departure, regardless the estimated time of arrival or his/her plans of continuation of the trip.
- The triple rooms or cabins are generally double rooms in which one or two beds are added, which usually are a sofa-bed or a folding bed, except in certain establishments where instead of additional beds, they use two larger beds. (According to the laws in the country of destination to visit)
- When necessary, the agency reserves the right to make changes in the housing/hotels, replacing them for others of similar category.
- The consumer should appear in the place indicated for the departure with the sufficient time indicated by the agency in advance or, subsidiary, by the brochure. Usually, in case of air transport, within 1.5 to 3 hours before the planned departure time.
- If the consumer is not able to travel because he/she has not appeared with the due time in advance, it is applicable the Section 15 below for the no show or, where appropriate, what is established in Section 13 for the termination of the contract by the consumer before the departure of the trip.
- The loss or damage in relation to hand luggage or other objects that the consumer carries are at their own risk.
- The warehouse space of the coaches is limited and this condition the maximum of baggage authorized by passenger in our circuits: one suitcase per person of a maximum of 25 kilos and maximum measures of 157 cm dimensions (the dimensional measurement of a suitcase is the sum of length, width and height). Only suitcases of higher measures will be accepted if they are shared between two passengers.
- Excess baggage penalties: supplement of €30 per extra standard suitcase; €50 for extra oversize suitcase and €30 for oversize suitcase instead of regular. This penalty will be paid in cash directly at the beginning of the circuit. This supplement will be applied in a compulsory way because it implies that a new transport configuration must be carried out in an urgent manner.
- These supplements can be pre-paid through the travel agency with which you have made the reservation.
- We recommend that you carry only the luggage you will need. Remember that your trip will be more enjoyable if you don’t have to continually worry about heavy and bulky baggage.
- Hand bags should be taken care of personally with you. Only one hand baggage per person is allowed. They must also take care of and take responsibility for additional baggage, if carried.
- The insurance policy that you have included in our circuits is limited coverage, and does not cover some important aspects (electronic items, valuables, documentation or money).
9. Other services.
- Generally, the full board includes continental breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation.
- The half-board, unless otherwise indicated, includes continental breakfast, dinner and accommodation. Usually, these meals do not include drinks.
- Special diets (vegetarian or special regimens) are guaranteed only if the parties have previously agreed them.
B) RIGHTS OF THE PARTIES BEFORE STARTING THE TRIP.
10. Alteration of the contract.
- If at any time before the departure, the consumer request changes related to destinations, means of transport, duration, calendar, travel itinerary or any other change referred to services, and the agency can make them, the agency may require the payment of the additional costs that this alteration causes, and a bonus for the booking alteration which cannot exceed 40% of the total price.
- Before the departure, the agency can only make the changes that are necessary for the successful completion of the package travel and that are not significant. It is considered that the necessary changes are significant when they do not allow the execution of the trip according to its general and special features.
- When the group is made up of 12 or fewer passengers, the circuit will have no guide, but a knowledgeable expert driver. Such change will not be considered as a significant change of the trip.
- In the event that the agent is constrained to alter significantly any of the essential terms of the contract, it shall immediately inform about it to the consumer. In such scenario, the consumer may be entitled to take appropriate decisions and in particular: (i) either to withdraw from the contract without penalty; (ii) or to accept a rider to the contract specifying the alterations made and their impact on the price. The consumer must communicate his/her decision to the agency within three days after the alteration is notified. If the consumer does not communicate its decision within said period, it is understood that he/she chooses to withdraw from the contract without penalty.
11. Revision of the price.
1- The agency can only revise the price upwards or downwards, if said revision takes place before the 20 days prior to the departure and it is not significant, which means, that the upward revision does not exceed of a 15% of the trip price. Moreover, said revision can only be carried out to adjust the price to the following variations:
- Transportation costs, including the cost of fuel,
- Dues, taxes or fees chargeable for certain services, such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports,
- The exchange rates applied to the particular package.
2- The revised price is determined taking as a reference the exchange rates of the destination country, and the prices, taxes and fees applicable on the date when the brochure has been issued.
In case of routes that include two or more countries, the exchange rate used as a reference is the US Dollar in the same date.
3- If the price revision represents an increase of more than the 15% of the price tour, the agency shall immediately inform the consumer, who can withdraw from the contract without penalty.
The consumer must communicate the decision to the agency within the next three days to the alteration. If the consumer does not communicate its decision within said period, it is understood that he/she chooses to withdraw from the contract without penalty.
12. Consumer rights in the event of withdrawal from the contract.
- In the event that the consumer, in accordance with the previous paragraphs, withdraws from the contract, he/she can choose between:
a. To be repaid before 14 calendar days all sums paid by him/her under the contract, or
b. If the agency can offer it, to take a substitute package travel of equivalent or higher quality. If the offered trip is of higher quality, the agency cannot require any additional cost. If the replacement package offered is of lower quality, the organizer shall refund the difference in price to the consumer.
2- In both cases, the consumer is entitled to claim the compensation for the cancellation of the trip established in Section 14 below and in the same terms.
13. Transfer of the booking.
- The consumer may transfer his/her booking to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the package as set forth in the brochure and in the package travel contract.
- The transfer must be communicated to the agency by any means and it will be free.
- In any case, the transfer or of the package and the transferred shall be jointly and severally liable to the organizer or retailer party to the contract for payment of the balance due and for any additional costs arising from such transfer.
14. Consumer right of termination of the contract before the departure.
1- The consumer has the right to terminate the contract at any time before the departure.
a) If canceled within 10 days before the departure date, 100% of the tour value will be lost
b) If the cancellation is before 10 days before the departure date, then our contract with the operator will be referred to and the terms of of the cancellation agreed upon our site and the tour operator will be applied, taking into consideration the time for sending cancellation requests and their arrival to the operator.
2- The consumer shall not have to pay any percentage as penalty if he/she terminates the contract as per a force majeure cause. To these effects, it shall be considered as a force majeure cause the death, accident or serious illness of the consumer or of any of the persons with whom he/she lives, or any analogous scenario that prevents him/her from making the package travel.
3- In all the cases, the consumer shall have to pay the service fees and the cancellation expenses that the termination of the agreement by the traveler produces.
4- The termination of the contract is effective as of the moment when the agency gets to know the will of the consumer of the termination of the contract before the departure.
5- Once known by the agency the termination of the contract by the consumer, the agency shall reimburse to the consumer the amounts previously paid in the maximum deadline of a month, deducting the service fees and, when applicable, the justified cancellation expenses and the penalties.
6- If the package travel is subject to special contracting economic conditions, such as freight of aircrafts, ships, special fares or other that are similar, the service fees, the cancellation expenses and the penalties shall be those specifically indicated in the brochure for the package travel or those particularly agreed in the contract.
15. Cancellation of the contract by the organizer
- The cancellation of the contract, by any cause not attributable to the consumer, entitles him/her to withdraw from the contract with the rights provided in Section 11 above.
- If the cancellation of the package travel is notified within the two months prior to the departure of the package travel, the agency shall have to pay to the consumer a compensation depending on the time that is still left until the departure date of the package travel, that it shall have to be at least of:
- The 5% of the price of the package travel if it takes place with more than 15 days and less than months prior to the departure of the package travel.
- The 10% of the price of the package travel, if it takes place between 15 and 3 days prior to the departure date.
- The 25% of the price of the package travel, if it takes place within the 48 hours prior to the departure date.
3- There is no obligation of compensation in the following scenarios:
- If the cancellation is on the grounds that the number of persons enrolled for the package is lower than the minimum number required for celebrating the package travel, according to what it was informed in the program, brochure, and the special conditions of each product or in the package travel contract.
- In such case, the agency shall have to notify by written the cancellation to the consumer before the deadline established to that effect in the brochure or in the contract.
- If there is not an indicated deadline, the agency has to notify the cancellation at least 10 days prior to the departure date.
- When the cancellation is due to a force mature cause. It is considered a force majeure cause the unusual and unforeseeable circumstances, beyond of the control of the agency, the consequences of which could not have been avoided if all due care had been exercised.
16. No show at the departure of the package travel
- It is considered a “No show” when the consumer does not notify to the agency his/her will of not making the package travel and he/she does not appear at the place of the departure at the time foreseen for the departure of the package travel.
- In such case, he/she loses the right of reimbursement of the amounts previously paid and he/she continues obliged to pay the amounts pending of payment.
- However, if the no show is due to a force major cause, the consumer shall have the right to the reimbursement of the amounts previously paid, once having deducted to said amount the service fees and the cancellation expenses.
- To these effects, it shall be considered as a force majeure cause the death, accident or serious illness of the consumer or of any of the persons with whom he/she lives, or any analogous scenario that prevents him/her from making the package travel and which prevents him/her from communicating such impossibility to the agency before the departure of the package travel.
C) DUTIES AND RIGHTS FROM THE PARTIES ONCE HAVING BEGUN THE PACKAGE TRAVEL
17. Breach of the contract or lack of rendering of services
- When the consumer verifies, during the package travel, that there is any defect or that there is a lack of rendering of any of the contracted services, he/she shall have to notify it in the same place and as soon as possible to the organizer or to the retailer and, when applicable, to the concerned supplier of service. Such communication shall have to be made by written or by any means which allows its record. After receiving such communication, the retailer or the organizer shall have to act with diligence to find suitable solutions.
- If the consumer makes such communication in the indicated time and in the indicated manner, the document attesting the defect shall release the consumer from providing further evidences about the existence of such defect. All the foregoing, unless that the organizer, retailer or supplier of the service have verified in the presence of the consumer that such defect does not exist or that it does not meet the indicated features, and they have certified it.
- If the consumer does not make such communication in the indicated time and manner, he/she shall have to attest the alleged defects according to the general criteria of evidences and all the damages produced or aggravated by the lack of communication shall be borne by the consumer.
18. Impossibility of rendering an important part of the services by the organizer
- Where after departure, a significant proportion of the services contracted for is not provided or the organizer perceives that it will be unable to procure a significant proportion of the services to be provided, the organizer shall make suitable alternative arrangements, for the continuation of the package.
- It is considered an important part of the services provided in the contract, those services, whose lack of rendering prevents the normal development of the package travel and which cause that it is not reasonable to expect that the consumer, in said kind of package travel, continue the same in such circumstances.
- The agency shall not be entitled to ask for any extra cost to the consumer for the adopted solutions for the continuation of the package and where appropriate compensate the consumer for the difference between the services offered and those supplied.
- If the consumer expressly or tacitly accepts the proposed solutions by the agency, he/she shall not have any right of compensation for such modifications. It shall be considered that he/she tacitly accepts these proposals if he/she continues the package travel with the solutions provided by the organizer.
- If the solutions adopted by the organizer are unfeasible or the consumer does not accept the same for reasonable reasons, the agency shall have to:
- Provide the consumer, at no extra cost, with equivalent transport back to the place of departure, or to another return-point to which the consumer has agreed, if the package travel includes the return trip.
- Return him/her the price paid with the deduction of the amount of the services supplied until the end if the package travel, unless that the defect that prevents the continuation of the package is attributable to the consumer.
D) Pay him/her the appropriate compensation.
19. Cancellation of the trip by the consumer during the same
- The consumer has the right to cancel the trip once it has begun, but he/she shall not be entitled to claim the reimbursement of the amounts previously paid and he/she shall be obliged to pay the pending amounts.
- If the cancellation by the consumer is due to an accident or to an illness of the consumer, that prevents him/her from continuing the trip, the agency shall be obliged to provide the necessary assistance, and, where applicable, compensate the consumer for the difference between the services offered and those supplied, once deducted the applicable cancellation expenses duly justified.
- In both cases, any additional costs caused by the cancellation of the trip by the consumer, and particularly those of repatriation or relocation to the place of origin, should be borne by the consumer.
20. Consumer duty to collaborate to the normal development of the trip.
- The consumer must comply with the instructions given by the agency for the proper execution of the trip, as well as the regulations that are generally applicable to the users of the services included in the package. In particular, in case of group travels, the consumer must keep all due respect to other participants and he/she must keep a behavior that does not harm the normal development of the trip.
- The serious breach of these duties entitles the agency to withdraw from the package travel contract. In this case, if the contract includes the return trip, the agency shall provide the consumer, with equivalent transport back to the place of departure, or to another return- point to which the consumer has agreed. The agency has also the right of compensation for the damages attributable to the behavior of the consumer.
E) CONTRACTUAL LIABILITY FOR DEFECTIVE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF CONTRACT.
21. Distribution of responsibility.
- The organizer and the retailer shall be liable to the consumer for the proper performance of the obligations arising from the contract, as per their respective obligations corresponding to their respective scope of action of the package travel.
- The organizer and the retailer shall be liable to the consumer irrespective of whether such obligations are to be performed by them or by other suppliers of services.
- The organizer, being the one that plans the package travel, has to be liable for the damages caused to the consumer due to the non-performance or improper performance of the services involved in the package. As well, it has to be liable for the damages arising from the breach of any other obligation that correspond to its scope of action according to the applicable regulations in force.
- The retailer, being the one that sells or offers for sale the package travel proposed by the organizer, has to be liable for the damages caused to the consumer for the mistakes that it has committed when informing him/her about the package travel, for having omitted information that it would have had to give him, for not having delivered him the necessary documents for the correct performance of the trip and, in general, for having breached any other obligation corresponding to its scope of action according to the applicable regulations in force.
22. Causes of release of liability.
In the following scenarios, organizers and retailers shall not be deemed liable:
- When the failures that occur in the performance of the contract are attributable to the consumer,
- When such failures are attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, and are unforeseeable or unavoidable,
- When such failures are due to a case of force majeure which are defined as unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of the party by whom it is pleaded, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised.
- When such failures are due to an event, which the organizer and/or retailer or the supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
23. Consumer’s duty of reducing the damages.
In all the cases, the consumer shall be obliged to take the appropriate and reasonable measures to try to reduce the damages that may arise from the non-performance or the improper performance of the contract or to try to avoid that they get worse. The damages arising from not having adopted said measures should be borne by the consumer.
24. Duty of assistance of the agency
- The organizer and the retailer, despite being released of liability, shall continue being obliged to provide prompt assistance to the consumer in difficulty.
- The duty of assistance provided in the previous paragraph shall not be applicable when the failures produced during the performance of the contract are attributable in exclusive to an intentional or negligent behavior of the consumer.
25. Limitations in the liability according to international conventions.
If the services involved in the package are governed by international conventions, the compensation for damages arising from the non-performance or improper performance of such services shall be subject to the limitations established by said Conventions.
26. Limitation of liability in the matter of damage other than personal injury
1- If the services involved in the package are not governed by International Conventions:
- The compensations for damages other than personal injury shall be limited for all the concepts at twice the price of the package travel, including moral damages not arising from a personal injury and the reimbursements that have to be made.
2- The above mentioned limitations shall not be applicable if the agent or the suppliers of services have provoked intentionally the damages or they have acted recklessly, knowing that these damages could occur.
27. Information on provisions applicable to passports, visas and vaccines.
- The agent has the duty to inform the citizens of the European Union about the health formalities required for travel and the accommodation, as well as the applicable conditions on passports and visas. The agency will be liable for the correctness of the provided information.
- The consumer shall obtain the necessary documents for the trip, both personal and family including passport and visa, and the documents regarding health formalities for all the countries to be visited. All damages arising from the lack of such documentation shall be at their own risk, and in particular, the expenses incurred for the interruption of the trip and the eventual repatriation. The client must obtain his own visas, passports, vaccination certificates and other documents required for the entry and stay in the countries included in the program.
- If the agent accepts the consumer’s petition to process necessary visas for any of the destinations provided in the itinerary, the agent shall be able to require the payment of the cost of the visa as well as management fees for the procedures before corresponding the diplomatic or consular representation.
In this case, the agent shall be liable for damages that may be attributable to the same according the due diligence required for delays in obtaining of the necessary documentation or lack or inaccuracy of the same.
Minors under 18 years of age must bring written permission from a parent or legal guardian and other legal requirements.
28. Liability for services not included in the package travel.
- The rules of contractual responsibility of the package travel are not applicable to services such as excursions, attendance to sports or cultural events, visits to exhibitions and museums, or similar, which are not included in the total price of the package travel and that the consumer contracts on an optional basis when contracting the package.
- In these cases, the agency shall indicate the consumer the optional nature of the services and that they are not part of the package.
- If the agency is involved in the contracting of these services, it shall be liable according to the specific rules applicable to the corresponding contract.
F) CLAIMS AND ACTIONS ASSOCIATED TO THE CONTRACT.
29. Applicable law.
This package travel contract is subject to the agreement of the parties and the provisions of these general terms and conditions, and the applicable regulations depending on the region, and the subsidiary company, under the provisions of the law in force in the Republic of Georgia, by means that the general law has been approved for the defense of consumers and users and other supplementary laws
30. Claims to the agency.
- Notwithstanding the legal actions that the consumer has, the consumer is able to file written claims to the retailer due to the non-performance or the improper performance of the contract.
- No later than 30 days, the organizer or the retailer, according to the obligations imposed for its scope of action within the package travel, must answer them in written.
- At this stage, the consumer and the agency may ask for the mediation of the relevant authorities or the organizations to that effect, to find a solution to the conflict that is satisfactory to both parties.
- If the conflict cannot be solved through the claim before the agency, the consumer may submit it to Consumer Arbitration if the claimed agency had previously adhered to the Consumer Arbitration System or if despite not being adhered, it accepts the arbitration request. Likewise, in any case the consumer can claim in the courts.
31. Consumer Arbitration.
- If the agency to which the lawsuit is filed has previously complied with the Consumer Arbitration System, the consumer may direct complaints to the competent Consumer Arbitration Authority in the place where the contract was concluded or where it was committed. And the place is considered the Georgian Republic
- The claims related to intoxication, injuries, death or reasonable signs of crime cannot be subjected to Consumer Arbitration.
- Unless something else is mentioned in the public offer to be submitted to the Consumer Arbitration System, the arbitration must be by law and the arbitration proceeding must be governed by the law in force in the Georgian Republic
- The arbitration award rendered by the Consumer Arbitral Tribunal shall decide the claim submitted as final and binding for both parties.
32. Legal Actions.
- If the dispute is not subjected to consumer arbitration, the consumer may claim before the courts of the place of the conclusion of the contract. The Georgian Republic
- The consumer can only be sued before the courts of the place of the conclusion of the contract.
- The time limit to interpose legal actions arising from the package travel contract is of two years, counting from the day that the trip ends.